You will contribute to a key stage in the evolution of an exciting initiative that encourages organisations in Singapore and across Asia to do business inclusively.
The initiative is designed to support organisations along their journey to implement inclusive workplace practices by ensuring that interventions are guided by evidence. After orienting yourself to the program’s purpose, its digital infrastructure and its business audience, you will be expected to produce four deliverables in consultation with other team members.
First, you will identify opportunities for streamlining a set of survey questions and implement necessary changes intended to improve the overall experience for respondents. The current iteration has roughly 100 questions. Second, you will design a logical system of Likert scales for the survey tool.
Third, you will design a scoring framework that enables respondent data from multiple respondents within the same organisation to be balanced and meaningful to business leaders. Finally, you will propose a method for categorising cohorts of respondents by scoring tiers.
You are curious, detail oriented and a natural problem solver. You are self-motivated and use initiative when you’re in unfamiliar situations. You are always open to offering and receiving candid, respectful and constructive feedback, even if it sometimes feels uncomfortable to do so. High performance and accountability are important to you.
You are pursuing a career in Asia’s business analytics and/or the workplace inclusion space. You are an analytical thinking and team player who has been involved in organisational research projects over the last 1-2 years. Most importantly, you believe that equity, respect and diversity are essential for any organisation. You are deeply committed to creating a safer, supportive and inclusive ecosystem of organisations that create value for all citizens and residents of Asia.
What you will be required to do
As Research Consultant you will be expected to deliver the following:
- Streamline the questions to improve the survey experience for respondents while remaining aligned with the project goals.
- Propose a logical system of Likert scales for the survey tool.
- Propose a scoring framework that produces data that is meaningful and creates value for business leaders.
- Propose a framework for categorising cohorts of respondents by three scoring tiers.
What you will need for the job
- Outstanding skills in research design and analysis on projects intended for business/organisation leaders in Asia as the target audience; either 1-2 years experience or demonstrable capabilities.
- Able to work independently and use own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Proficient English communication skills for writing questionnaires, writing business documents, emails and instant message correspondence and participating in meetings via video conference.
- Highly proficient in using Excel and Google Workspace (Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.) with a laptop, basic audio-video equipment and internet access required for work from home.
- Curious to learn new things on the job and
- Open to giving and receiving candid, respectful and constructive feedback.
- Committed to embodying respectful, inclusive workplace practices.
- Valid authorisation to work in Singapore.
- Previous experience using Airtables and/or other customisable, cloud-based data management tools is an advantage.
- Has knowledge of the issues faced by women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ people, racial/ethnic minorities and other underrepresented people in workplaces in Asia.
Type of engagement
A fixed rate flat fee is on offer for this project under contract. Performance is output based; delivery date negotiable. with opportunities for renewal pending market validation of the initiative. Immediate start depending on availability. Work from home by default with flexible hours available. Express your interest in the role using the online form provided. Applications close 5:00pm 29 October 2021 (Singapore time).
Inclusively is an employer that lives by values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively seek candidates who bring diverse backgrounds, perspectives and capabilities to our organisation. We do not discriminate in employment decisions. Women, people with disabilities, lesbians, gay men, bisexual and transgender people, ethnic and racial minorities and other people from underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply.
About The Initiative
The Inclusive Business Pledge has been piloted in Singapore since 2018. The initiative is the result of Be Inclusive’s participation in Singtel’s Futuremakers incubator for social enterprise. Over 100 companies have signed the pledge including 99.co, Airbnb, PayPal and Twitter to name a few. After completing an evaluation of the pilot and surviving a Covid 19-related hiatus, Be Inclusive is making a fresh start in 2021 by rebranding as Inclusively. Inclusively will relaunch the Inclusive Business Pledge in October 2021 with the immediate goal of increasing support and recognition of pledge signatories while raising public awareness of the pledge programme in Singapore and across Asia in the long-term. More information at: www.inclusively.asia.