You will be a key player in the early stage of an exciting initiative that encourages organisations in Singapore and across Asia to do business inclusively.
First, you will formulate a strategy in collaboration with leaders and partners with the goal of raising awareness about the programme, acquiring new signatories and converting signatories to become members.
Second, you will be on the front line as a representative of Inclusively Asia assisting new signatories and members.
Third, you will support the success signatories and members on their inclusion journey in collaboration with other team members and external partners.
Finally, you will use your initiative to manage the day-to-day operations of the programme including the budget, web-based infrastructure and vendors.
You are curious, detail oriented and a natural problem solver. You are self-motivated and use initiative when you’re in unfamiliar situations. You are always open to offering and receiving candid, respectful and constructive feedback, even if it sometimes feels uncomfortable to do so. High performance and accountability are important to you.
You are pursuing a career in Asia’s workplace inclusion space. You believe that equity, respect and diversity are essential starting points for any organisation. You see the potential for inclusion to help organisations strengthen team effectiveness and innovation.
You are a natural “people person” and team player who has succeeded in managing multifaceted projects in the last 3-5 years.
Most importantly you are deeply committed to creating a safer, supportive and inclusive ecosystem of organisations that create value for all citizens and residents of Asia.
What you will be required to do
- Formulate and execute a strategy for signatory acquisition and membership conversion in collaboration with the Inclusively Asia team and external partners.
- Represent the organisation as you guide new signatories and members through the on-boarding process.
- Support the long-term success of members in collaboration with team members and external partners.
- Ensure effective day-to-day operations of the programme, infrastructure and budget.
What you will need for the job
- Outstanding skills for managing projects successfully and within budget with at least 3-5 years of stakeholder-facing experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for managing expectations of stakeholders.
- Able to work independently and use own initiative with minimal supervision.
- High-level English communication skills for writing business documents, emails and instant message correspondence and delivering presentations via video conference.
- Highly proficient in using Google Workspace (Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Curious to learn new things on the job.
- Open to giving and receiving candid, respectful and constructive feedback.
- Committed to embodying respectful, inclusive workplace practices.
- Valid authorisation to work in Singapore.
- Previous experience in business development, marketing or sales is advantageous.
- Has knowledge of the issues faced by women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ people, racial/ethnic minorities and other underrepresented people in the workplace.
- Has a laptop, basic audio-video equipment and internet access required for work from home.
A 12 month contract (with CPF contributions for Singapore citizens and PRs) is on offer with opportunities for renewal. Immediate start depending on availability. Flexible working arrangements available. Express your interest in the role using the online form provided. Deadline for applications extended until 5:00pm 30 November 2021 (Singapore time).
Inclusively is an employer that lives by values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively seek candidates who bring diverse backgrounds, perspectives and capabilities to our organisation. We do not discriminate in employment decisions. Women, people with disabilities, lesbians, gay men, bisexual and transgender people, ethnic and racial minorities and other people from underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply.
About the initiative
The Inclusive Business Pledge has been piloted in Singapore since 2018. The initiative is the result of Be Inclusive’s participation in Singtel’s Futuremakers incubator for social enterprise. Over 100 companies have signed the pledge including 99.co, Airbnb, PayPal and Twitter to name a few. After completing an evaluation of the pilot and surviving a Covid 19-related hiatus, Be Inclusive is making a fresh start in 2021 by rebranding as Inclusively. Inclusively will relaunch the Inclusive Business Pledge in October 2021 with the immediate goal of increasing support and recognition of pledge signatories while raising public awareness of the pledge programme in Singapore and across Asia in the long-term. More information at: www.inclusively.asia.