You will lead an initiative that equips employers to hire, develop and grow underrepresented talent through inclusive workplace practices and creating a culture of belonging at work.
As General Manager, your primary responsibility will be to drive forward Inclusively Asia’s three primary offerings. Firstly, you will educate the market by overseeing and executing content creation activities. Secondly, you will empower employers to take action guided by insights from our workplace inclusion self-assessment tool. Finally, you will help employers connect with untapped pools of talent from underrepresented groups in Singapore. These three offerings help invigorate voluntary participation in our Inclusive Business Pledge programme for employers.
You are curious; have an eye for detail; and like solving problems using agile approaches. You are self-motivated; enjoy taking calculated risks; and are comfortable navigating ambiguity. Client success is a key motivational factor for you. You have succeeded in handling P&L responsibilities while managing several complex projects with stakeholders over the last five or more years. You thrive on offering and receiving candid and constructive feedback with compassion, even if it sometimes feels uncomfortable to do so. You take high performance, accountability and fiscal responsibility very seriously.
You are a champion for equity, respect and valuing different perspectives, lived experiences and skills in the workplace - especially people from historically underrepresented or marginalised groups. You are pursuing a career in Asia’s workplace inclusion and belonging space. You believe that workplaces that are psychologically safer help employees perform at their authentic best; learn from mistakes; drive innovation; and ultimately drive better business outcomes. You live by the adage “actions speak louder than words”.
What you will be required to do
- Actively seek out and support clients to successfully implement workplace practices that promote inclusion and belonging.
- Create project plans, milestones and deliverables with relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor progress of projects in order to achieve agreed goals, milestones and overarching aims of Inclusively Asia.
- Take responsibility for managing the company’s P&L to ensure company goals for financial sustainability and social impact are met in a cost effective manner.
- Build and manage relationships with participating companies, organisations and prospective partners to ensure alignment of goals and shared value.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to collect accurate and relevant data to measure impact and achievement of objectives
- Engage with relevant community groups to job opportunities reach tools of underrepresented talent in Singapore
What you will need for the job
- Outstanding project management skills with at least 5 years of stakeholder-facing experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for developing and sustaining successful customer relationships.
- A track record in managing the P&L for a values-driven organisation.
- Skills and experiences with business development, marketing or sales.
- Able to work autonomously and use self-initiative with minimal supervision.
- High-level English communication skills for writing business documents, emails and verbal presentations.
- Highly proficient in using Google Workspace (Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Continual curiosity to learn new things on the job.
- Open to giving and receiving candid, respectful and constructive feedback.
- Committed to embodying respectful, inclusive workplace practices.
- Valid authorisation to work in Singapore.
You’ll have an advantage with one or more of the following
- A track record in workplace learning, organisational development or workplace inclusion.
- Previous article writing and/or other content creation experience
- Knowledge of the complex socio-economic issues that impact employment and career progression for women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ people, racial/ethnic minorities and other underrepresented people in Singapore.
- A laptop, basic audio-video equipment and internet access required for work from home.
A 12 month contract (with CPF contributions for Singapore citizens and PRs) is on offer with opportunities for renewal. Immediate start depending on availability. Flexible working arrangements available. Express your interest in the role using the online form provided. Deadline for applications: 5:00pm on 31 January 2023 (Singapore time).
Inclusively Asia is an employer that lives by values of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We actively seek candidates who bring diverse backgrounds, perspectives and capabilities to our organisation. We do not discriminate in employment decisions. Women, people with disabilities, lesbians, gay men, bisexual and transgender people, ethnic and racial minorities and other people from historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply.
About Inclusively Asia
Inclusively Asia enables all employers in Asia to translate a commitment to workplace inclusion into concrete action. We drive forward inclusion with three offerings to employers: a self-assessment tool - that helps employers track their progress; Inclusive Careers Labs and an annual careers fair - that helps employers reach pools of underrepresented talent; and the Inclusive Business Pledge programme - that publicly recognises the actions made by inclusive employers. Over 100 companies have signed the pledge including 99.co, Airbnb, Netflix and PayPal to name a few.